Six American Presidents have signed Executive Orders identifying hemp as a "strategic food resource"--
1. December 5, 1942 Franklin D. Roosevelt Executive Order 9280 Delegating Authority Over the Food Program
3. September 9, 1950 Harry S. Truman Executive Order 10161 - Delegating Certain Functions of the President Under the Defense Production Act of 1950
4. August 14, 1953 Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Order 10480--Further providing for the administration of the defense mobilization program
5. February 16, 1962 John F. Kennedy Executive Order 10998 Assigning Emergency Preparedness Functions To The Secretary Of Agriculture
6. October 28, 1969 Richard Nixon Executive Order 11490 - Assigning Emergency Preparedness Functions to Federal Departments and Agencies
June 3, 1994 William J. Clinton Executive Order 12919 - National Defense Industrial Resources Preparedness
" The term "food" shall mean all commodities and products, simple, mixed, or compound, or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being eaten or drunk by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for immediate human or animal consumption. For the purposes of this Executive order the term "food" shall also include all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal fats and oils, cotton, tobacco, wool, mohair, hemp, flax fiber, and naval stores, but shall not include any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product."
To find these listed together, enter "hemp" in the first search box, and "executive order" in the second after choosing "and" from the menu on the lower left.